Tuesday, September 26, 2006

OUT OF A JOB.......

Tomorrow I go back to work. Tomorrow I will give me notice. Tomorrow my future will be held within a black hole. And the really said thing is, I don't care.

My job.....I've done my job to the best of my ability for the past 10 years. For the last five of those years, I have so enjoyed what I do, how I do it, when I do it, and with whom I have spent my working hours doing it with.

I have learned, I have shared, I have loved, I have cried, I have laughed with my co-workers. And right now, I am grieving over the loss of all those things.

Loosing/getting out of this job is like a divorce. You think of all the things that should be/could have been and cry and weep because it's not supposed to end this way. I had planned to retire from this position. But, I'm still years away from retirement. Too old to begin anew, too young to retire. At least, this is how I feel at the moment.

So it is, that I will grieve and weep for the next 24 hours. That has always been what works for me when I am scared/frustrated/worried. Just grieve/worry my little mind out. Then, let it all go. Let the future begin.

~The Mediator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}} I'm sorry you have to do this. I understand your feelings completely tho. May a window open for you when this door closes!

The Mediator said...

Thanks Shar......I actually made my decision after writing this blog. Human Resources said many kind words to me, but in the end, they really only want to cover-their-butts.

Can't decide whether I'm more SAD about leaving my job or whether I'm more SCARED at having to find another one.

Then, deep down, there is this part of me that is screaming HURRAH!!!

Hugs much appreciated.
~ The Mediator